This recipe for a healthy Banana Bread is ideal for breakfast, and it tastes great!
Vegan Banana Bread
A very tasty & healthy Banana Bread - ideal for breakfast!
10 minPreparation Time
50 minCooking Time
1 hrTotal Time
For the wet ingredients:
- 320g mashed ripe bananas (roughly 4 normal size bananas)
- 15g ground flaxseed
- 60ml almond milk
- 60ml coconut oil
- 30ml maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the dry ingredients
- 60g coconut sugar
- 50g rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 210g white spelt flour or wholegrain spelt flour
- sliced banana, chopped walnuts for the topping
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Centigrade.
- Lightly grease a loaf tin with olive oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana until almost smooth.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the banana until combined.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, one by on, in the order listed. Stop stirring when there are no more patches at the bottom of the bowl.
- Spoon the dough into the loaf pan and spread out evenly. Add your desired toppings and gently press them into the top of the dough.
- Bake the loaf, uncovered for 45 - 55 minutes until golden brown and firm on top. The top of the loaf should slowly spring back when touched.
- Place the loaf tin on a cooling rack for 30 minutes.
- Slide a knife round the loaf to loosen it and gently remove from the tin.
- Place the loaf directly onto a cooling rack until completely cooled.
- Once cooled slice the loaf and serve
- This loaf can be kept in the fridge tightly wrapped for 3 to 4 days
Easy Detox by Amrita - www.easydetox.co.uk